We started applying the standard of ISO 17100/2015 for Translation Services
Tanweir for Translation & Training Services is committed to the Standards of ISO 17100/2015 of Translation Services.
What does this mean?
That means each translation project will go through various processes:
A- pre-production tasks
- obtaining and setting up the terminological database, style-guides, and any other resources which might be available.
- analyzing & preparing the content for the translation process.
- collection and preparation of reference materials in order to improve qualitative compliance with the project specifications.
B- project management
- identifying the key requirements and translation project specifications during the pre-processing.
- supervising and monitoring the translation project preparation project;
- assigning a competent translators to the translation project;
- assigning a competent revisers;
- issuing instructions related to the assignment;
- monitoring to ensure compliance with agreed upon schedule and deadlines;
- monitoring constant conformity to the client- Translation Service Provider (TSP) agreement
- ensuring translation and other queries are answered.
Translators comply with:
- domain and client terminology and/or reference material, andterminological coherence throughout the translation;
- the semantic accuracy of target language content;
- target language syntax, spelling, punctuation and any other orthographicconventions;
- lexical cohesion and phraseology;
- TSP or client style guide, including domain, registerandlinguistic variants;
- local conventions and applicable standards;
- format; and
- end users and purpose of target language content.
C.1 We choose the translators who have:
a) Translation competence
b) Linguistic and textual competence
c) Competence in research, information acquisition and processing
d) Cultural competence
e) Technical competence
f) Domain competence
C.2 Our translators meet at least one of the following criteria:
1) first-level degree in translation or linguistic studies that include translation;
b) any other first-level degree plus two years of full-time professional experience in translation;
c) five years of full-time professional experience in translation.
D- Checking the translation. (by the same translator)
E- Revision: TSP ensures that the target language content is revised by a person other than the translator, who must check it against the source language content to correct errors and other issues.
F- Review: If the review is included in the project specifications, TSP would ensure that the target language content is reviewed to assess its compliance with the agreed purpose and domain.
G- Proofreading: If proofreading is included in the agreement and the project specifications, TSP would ensure that service and correct any issues.
H- Final verification and release: the project manager would perform a final verification of the project against specifications before delivery.
I- post-production: archiving the project’s details and disposal of the confidential information.