- Read the text carefully and make sure you understand it.
- Try to read similar texts in the target language before translating.
- Make sure you refer to the glossary provided by your Project Manager, if any.
- Translate the text by transferring the ideas into Arabic.
- Use the terminology that is used in the English text. Make sure you use appropriate terminology in Arabic.
- Use formal/ academic language that is commonly used for educational purposes.
- Make sure the translated text reads naturally and smoothly.
- Use appropriate punctuation.
- Double check your translation.
- In the case you have any problem, contact your PM directly.
Proofreading and review:
- Please check the translated text against the source text.
- Run MS Grammar and Spelling Checker.
- Review the target text and make sure that:
- the terms are used correctly.
- the language is natural and smooth.
- no grammatical, spelling, typo or punctuation errors.
- Never use Google translation for translating sentences or paragraphs. Even if you post-edit the text.
- Use the search on Wikipedia
- Use Google Web and Youtube search
- Use Almaany dictionary
- Use any famous dictionary.
Please read these two posts: